MAPR-55 Paintable Silicone Emulsion / Paintable Release Agent
CAS No: 76684-67-8
50% Paintable Silicone Emulsion Concentrate
View product specs:Click here to view
View MSDS:Click here to view
Minimum order :Minimum order: 1 x 5-gallon pail (40 lbs /18kg)
Availability: 1-gallon (3.6kg) which is also the Minimum Order.
Excellent product alternative to: Rhodorsil® 308 V 750 Emulsion, Dow Corning® 290, Dow Corning® 2- 5009, (DC 2-5009), GE SM2154, Momentive® 2154
Typical Properties: Formulated for release of plastic parts, paintable, dilutable with a water, VOC Exempt, Non-flammable.
MAPR-55 Paintable Silicone Emulsion is a 50% active emulsion comprised of Methylalkyl Silicone. Unlike conventional silicone emulsions that interfere with paintability (cause “fisheye effects”), MAPR-55 is formulated specifically as a lubricant and release agent for parts that are intended to be painted or top coated.
MAPR-55 Paintable Silicone Emulsionis useful as a lubricant for soft metals such as aluminum, zinc and copper, and is particularly effective as a rubber or plastic lubricant when mated against steel or aluminum.
Note: silicone emulsions have a milky-white appearance due to the emulsifier. However, when the water evaporates, it will impart a clear-translucent film of silicone
Applications & Benefits:
- Formulated to not interfere with paintability
- Provides multiple releases per application of a wide array or products including: injection molded plastics, rubber parts (rubber mats etc), foams (including rigid Polyurethane foams), epoxy molded parts and thermoplastics.
- Improves molding efficiency in many processes including injection, compression, transfer, vacuum form, pour cast, die cast and extrusion molding.
- Anti-adherent agent for the mould release of plastics to be painted or glued.
- Formulated for Hot and Cold applications...contains no flammable solvents or petroleum distillates
- Waxing additive in paraffin oils for the lubrication of sewing threads and hosiery yarns (normal doses are approximately 20% in the mixture)
- VOC Exempt, HAP-Free