High Temperature Silicone Heat Transfer Fluids
Chemical Name: Diphenyl-Dimethylsiloxane (DPDM-400) Phenylmethylsiloxane (PM-125)
High Temperature Silicone Heat Fluids are clear, colorless and odorless fluids that are characterized by their high thermal stability, high resistance to oxidation, low vapor pressure, high flash points, high dielectric strength and compatibility with virtually all surfaces including metal, rubbers and plastics.
* all temperature ranges reflect a closed system.
* cSt is a measure of centistoke or mm2/sec.
Availability: 1-gallon, 5-gallon pail & 55-gallon drums
Product Offsets: GE SF1154, Dow Corning® 550 Excellent
Alternatives to: Dow Corning® 710, Type 710 Fluid
High Temperature Silicone Heat Transfer Fluids are Phenyl-class Silicone fluids that are formulated for use as high temperature heat transfer mediums. These fluids are clear, colorless, odorless, and inert to virtually all metals, plastics and rubbers present in heat transfer systems.
High Temperature Silicone Heat Transfer Fluids have Thermal Conductivity values between 0.00032 to 0.00035 g/cal/cm/sec °C. The Specific Heat values are 0.35 cal/g °C for the DPDM-400 Heat Transfer Fluid. The Specific Heat value for the PM-125 is 1.418 kJ/kg K @ 0°C.
High Temperature Silicone Heat Transfer Fluids will remain stable up to 300C in a closed system. These hydrophobic fluids are characterized by their high flash points, high thermal stability, high resistance to oxidation, long service-life, high dielectric strength, and high V.T.C. (Viscosity-to-temperature coefficient).
Unlike conventional silicone fluids, the viscosity of the High Temperature Silicone Heat Transfer Fluids will lower very quickly as soon as they are heated. This makes them excellent choices for systems that need to pump the fluid at high temperatures. Under heat, the High Temperature Silicone Heat Transfer Fluids will easily circulate and provide a consistent temperature.
Applications include: high temperature heat transfer systems, high temperature heat transfer baths, high temp calibration bath fluids, silicone fluid for temperature control systems, high temp closed system baths, constant temperature baths, high temperature circulating baths, circulator baths, high temperature closed loop baths, Heat Collection Fluid for Solar Heating Systems, Downhole (Borehole) Fluid
|Appearance||clear, colorless fluid||clear, colorless fluid|
|Viscosity @ 25°C||400cSt||125cSt|
|Vapor pressure @ 25°C||<1mmHg||<1mmHg|
|Thermal conductivity g/cal/cm/sec °C||0.00032||0.00035|
|Specific heat @ 25°C cal/g °C||0.35||1.498 kj/kg K|
|Thermal expansion cc/cc/°C||0.00073||0.00075|
|Service temperature||25°C to 300°C||25°C to 300°C|
- Clear, colorless, odorless fluids & inert fluids
- Long service life @ recommended service temperatures
- Low viscosity at high temperatures: will not put strain on pumps
- High Flash points
- High Thermal Stability
- Thermal conductivity: 0.00032 to 0.00035 g/cal/cm/sec °C
- Low vapor pressure
- High Resistance to oxidation
- Exhibit significantly less viscosity change than petroleum based oils.
- Formulated from 100% synthetic sources.
- Long service life when used for recommended temperature ranges.
- Inert to virtually all bath instrumentation and plastics
- Environmentally friendly: VOC Exempt & HAP Free
- Hydrophobic- will not absorb water