Cyclo-2245 VOC Exempt Solvent/ VOC Exempt Carrying Agent
Products Description: VOC Exempt Solvents/ Carrying agents are Cyclic Silicone fluids that are exempt from federal VOC regulations including California (CARB) regulations and OTC regulations. They are HAP-free and do not contribute to ozone-depletion and global warming. In addition, they do not have the odor that many petroleum based solvents possess, making them much more worker-friendly.
Due to these properties, they are being widely accepted as replacements for non-VOC complaint petroleum-bases solvents as both carrying agents as well as for cleaning solvents
CAS No: 541-02-6
View product specs:Click Here to View
View MSDS:Click Here to View
Availability: 1-gallon (3.6kg), 5-gallon (17kg) & 55-gallon drums (195kg)
Cyclo-2245 (D5) VOC Exempt Solvent is a polydimethylcyclosiloxane that is composed of Decamethylcyclopentasiloxane (CAS#541-02-6). The product is clear, tasteless & odorles. Cyclo2245 is being widely accepted as a VOC-exempt replacement for non-compliant solvents, carrying agents and cleaning agents.
Cyclo-2245 is exempt from Federal VOC regulations including Califormia (CARB) and OTC regulations. Unlike most petroleum-based solvents, it does not contribute to ozone-depletion and global warming, having a lifetime in the atmosphere of only 10 to 30-days. Cyclo-2245 is HAP-free…free of hazardous air pollutants (HAP). In addition, Cyclo-2245 has no known toxic pollutants and meets RoHS compliancy.
VOC Exempt Cleaning Solvent Replacement
Cyclo-2245 (d5) is being widely accepted as cleaning solvent for non-VOC compliant petroleum-bases solvents . It is effective in the removal of industrial soils, machines fluids, waxes, fats, and greases. Cyclo-2245 is especially effective for applications where low to medium solvency power is desireable. Unlike solvents such as toluene and acetone, it has no odor. In addition, it is compatible with the vast majority of surfaces, including metal, plastics, rubbers and elastomers. Cyclo-2245 is safe to use on painted and unpainted surfaces, leaving no streaks or stains.
VOC Exempt Carring Agent
As a carrying agents, Cyclo-2245 has comparable evaporation rates to naptha solvents, odorless mineral spirits (OMS) as well as some of the isoparaffinic solvents. It is compatible with most substrates, including metals and plastics.
- VOC Exempt Solvent for low solvency applications
- VOC Exempt carrying agent
- VOC Exempt Cleaning agent
- Clear, colorless fluid
- No odor
- 100% evaporation at room temperature
- Exempt from federal VOC regulations (inlcuding CARB & OTC regulations)
- HAP-Free Solvent
- RoHS Compliant
- Excellent replacement for petroleum based solvents that are not VOC Compliant
- Effective in the removal of industrial soils, machines fluids, waxes, fats, and greases
- Compatible with virtually all substates including metal, plastics and elastomers.
- Will not streak or stain painted or unpainted surfaces.
- Can be used as an additive to lower VOC and meet compliancy in non-compliant formulations.
- Miscible with virtually all polydimethylsiloxane fluids and most petroleum based fluids
- Soluble in most anhydrous alcohols, waxes, oils (except castor), hydrocarbon oils, esters and silicone fluid.
- Insoluble in water